JOB OPENING: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
HELP of Door County, Inc. provides services and programs throughout Door County, Wisconsin to victims of domestic abuse. HELP works to improve the well-being and dignity of individuals, families and intimate relationships by supporting and enhancing their strengths to reduce the incidence of violence and conflict within their relationships. HELP’s advocates are there to listen without judgment, support without blaming, and empower victims through advocacy and information. Due to the generosity of our community, all victim services are free and confidential.
Established in 1979, HELP of Door County, Inc., is seeking a passionate, seasoned, collaborative Executive Director who can embrace its work and lead a small, gifted staff. The ideal candidate will be a good listener, a strong communicator, flexible and committed both to HELP’s mission and to the goal of building a safer more peaceful Door County.
Responsibilities: The Executive Director is responsible for:
· Providing vision and leadership for staff, board, partners, and those in the broader community concerned with domestic abuse.
· Overseeing and sustaining the organization’s programs, program development, finances, fund development, and brand.
· Implements marketing efforts and social media outreach efforts – is engaged with and maintains high visibility in the community.
· Completes annual performance reviews and evaluations of staff.
· Engaging in the work of HELP of Door County including advocacy and community education.
· Deepening partnerships within the communities it serves and among various communities of interest.
· Works collaboratively with the Board and financial partners to grow the funding base of the organization including grant writing – garnering resources for operations and growth.
· Attends and participates in monthly Board of Director meetings – Provides the Board of Directors with regular updates and financial reports.
· In collaboration with the Fiscal Manager and the Board of Directors develops and implements an annual budget
· Works with stake holders and Board to review and develop organization’s policies and procedures.
· Ensures that the organization is in compliance with all contracts and legal obligations.
· Promotes a safe and secure work environment.
· Responsible for maintenance and management of property and physical assets of HELP of Door County, Inc.
· Implement outcomes based measurements of program effectiveness.
· Is responsible for maintaining all organizational records.
Qualifications: Among desired qualifications are:
· Education: a bachelor’s degree preferred (will consider equivalent experience)
· Five years’ experience leading a nonprofit or in equivalent management;
· Grant writing knowledge
· Strong financial background
· Ability to make difficult decisions needed to implement HELP’s programs;
· Knowledge of legal and social issues with domestic violence;
· Experience forging, training and leading a staff team and engaging with board of directors;
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills; presence and confidence in public settings;
· Willingness to play a key role in fundraising and an appetite for building and sustaining relationships with key funders;
· Exceptional organizational skills; experience overseeing and understanding the finances of a nonprofit organization;
· Experience providing leadership in a collaborative setting.
Compensation: Compensation is based on experience and includes sick days, paid vacation and personal days.
To apply: Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by Monday August 26th to Steve Vickman at email@example.com or mail to HELP of Door County, Inc. 219 Green Bay Rd. Sturgeon Bay, WI. 54235. Finalists will also be required to submit a sample of their writing (a template will be provided by HELP of Door County).